Psychotherapy for children and adolescents
It is preceded by a consultation session and sometimes by the family therapy. The process of psychotherapy is focused on resolving of the problem, symptomatic relief as well as on helping in adjusting to various difficult life situations. It strengthens the natural resources and coping skills of an individual.
We offer help with the following problems:
- aggressive behavior, nervousness,
- behawior disorders,
- anxiety disorders,
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- emotional and decision making problems,
- shyness, low self-esteem
- interpersonal problems (problems in establishing satisfying relationships with people),
- coping with stress and difficult situations,
- life crises,
- personal development,
- eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia and others),
- nighttime urinary incontinence (bedwetting).
Family therapy is a form of psychological help, which supports not only a person with significant emotional/psychological problems (i.e. the child), but her/his family as well. Usually the behavior of the person requiring psychological/psychiatric help influences the relationship between all family members, and the family also has a significant influence on the outcome of an individual therapeutic process.
Family therapy also allows for the deeper understanding of relationship patterns between parents and children.